Getting your kids to eat healthy can be an uphill battle. Getting them to enjoy food that is healthy for their bodies and teeth can seem impossible. There are so many foods in stores today that are loaded with sugar and fat. Unfortunately, these seem to be the only foods that kids gravitate towards. Now, there is no need to worry!
If you are looking for a healthy ice cream alternative, check out our tooth friendly recipe for banana “ice cream”. Yes, it may look and taste like ice cream, but it does not include any added sugars that can cause cavities. You can now satisfy your child’s (and your own) sweet tooth without damaging your teeth. Follow this simple recipe and your children will be happy and healthy all year long.
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Prep time: 1.5-2.5 hours
Serving Size: 3-4 scoops
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
1. Peel your bananas and cut them into small chunks.
2. Freeze them for 1-2 hours.
3. Place bananas in a blender and blend for about a minute until creamy, the consistency should be like soft serve ice cream.
4. (Optional) Add in any of the optional ingredients for flavor or create your own flavor combinations, take into consideration that some added ingredients may contain sugar.
5. Scoop into a bowl and serve.
6. (Optional) Add toppings, consider that they may also contain added sugar.
For a quicker preparation, pre-peel and freeze some bananas. That way you will always be prepared when the mood strikes.
For more tooth friendly recipes or any of your orthodontist needs, visit us at Beecroft Orthodontics.
10472 Georgetown Dr. Fredericksburg, VA 22553
Tooth Friendly Recipe 6: Banana “Ice Cream”